Follow Us On Facebook

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Theme: Pigs: Pink Floyd "Pigs On the Wing (Parts 1&2)"


One of the sweeter songs from one of my favorite bands. Pink Floyd's "Pigs On The Wing (Parts 1&2)" (Waters 1977) is a two-part song that bookends their 1977 concept album "Animals". These affectionate songs are in stark contrast to the rest of the album's tracks, but are important, nonetheless.
Waters introduces the album in Part 1 and defines himself as a 'dog' that has finally found love and comfort in Part 2.

You know that I care what happens to you
And I know that you care for me too
So I don't feel alone
Of the weight of the stone
Now that I've found somewhere safe
To bury my bone
And any fool knows a dog needs a home
A shelter from pigs on the wing



No comments:

Post a Comment