Follow Us On Facebook

Monday, July 11, 2011

Theme: Midnight: Wilson Pickett "Midnight Hour"

The theme for the week will be Midnight. Generally, midnight is considered to be a time of change; it is the time where night transitions into morning. It is a time of mystery, chaos, and darkness.


Wilson Pickett's "In The Midnight Hour" (Pickett/Cropper 1965) is considered to be one of the top 500 songs of all time by Rolling Stone Magazine.
While midnight is often thought of as a time of mystery and suspense, Pickett sees midnight in lighter terms. For Pickett, midnight is a time to show your love and witness the twinkle of the stars.

I'm gonna wait till midnight hour
That’s when my love comes tumbling down
I’m gonna wait, way in the midnight hour
That’s when my love begins to shine
Just you and I…Ooh Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment